Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

severe sleeping disorder for years meds wellness nothing please

Customer Question

severe sleeping disorder for years meds wellness nothing please i redirected me i am willing to leave country for any relief.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

You said you did an eval at a hospital - was this a sleep study?

If so, whay did they conclude?

Nancy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no it was not a sleep study she felt it was pschiactric in nature i then saw a psychistrist/neurologgy for yrs just recently stopped due to the sleep factor. meds 4 lithium 150mg seroquel 2 300mg topomax 100mg 1x lamictal 150mg 3x concerta 36mg 2 a.m.i type slow
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the information. It seems that a sleep study is not in order - you've done all the right things so far - and ruled out all that you should have - so the next step is a sleep study.

They are done at just about every hospital - your MD will jushave to order it so insurance will pay.

Sleep studies monitor your brain wave activity and easily pick up any problems that can cause sleep problems - or lack of REM stages. Sleep deprivation causes all sorts of day to day life issues - so I hope this gives you the answers you need in order to get some sleep!

I wish you all the best!!!

Good luck and email back anytime,

Nancy

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Sorry - I just saw a typo. I meant to say it seems a sleep study is NOW in order - but accidently wrote not in order.

SORRY!!! It is time for a sleep study for both of us I guess!

Nancy :-)