Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

hi my parents are condemming for being involed in infantlism

Customer Question

hi my parents are condemming for being involed in infantlism   what should i do whrn try to quite i   just get more depressd help    tim age 29
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Hi Tim,

I am glad you wrote.

Is this something you want to stop engagin in? Or are your parents strongly encouraging you to stop?

Does any of what you do prevent you from functioning normally in your life? You say you are 29, so I imagine you live on your own and have a job, is that right?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
have a job yes live at home parents hve found stuff ive looked at on the internet an some my stuff have had a job with pepsi for over 5 years
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

So you live at home, but you hold a full time job, right? So, it seems whatever you engage in, doesn't effect your normal daily functioning.

Is this something you want to stop doing?