NGonzalez, Psychotherapist
Experience:  15 yrs of clinical experience, relationship issues, marriage & family therapy, eating disorders

I have hoarding and still cant get rid of things and am taking

I have hoarding and still can't get rid of things and am taking clomipramine 75mg with two 5HTP in the am

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. I am working on your question. Could you explain your situation a little more? What is your question?

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How long does it take to get rid of hoarding and the anxiety that goes with getting rid of things?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent this info already,
Behavior mod, support groups, meds, counseling, crying, lots of anxiety, depression,
social worker, mental health

Thank you for answering my question. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a specific time frame for when you can resolve hoarding. Its different for everyone but for many people its a life long challenge of which they need to manage. It usually emerges in times of high stress, anxiety or transition. I think you should go back to counseling if you are finding it hard to stop and if your anxiety is increasing. Talk about any recent changes or difficulties that may be contributing to your behavior. You can also find support for getting rid of your stuff. There are poeople you can come to your home and help you. Here is a link:

Also, if the medication does not seem to be helping, schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist to re-evaluate if your symptoms.

I know this is hard to manage and it can be very frustrating. Don't lose hope that you can eventually control these tendency and that you will learn new coping skills. This will take some work on your part but it will be worth it. Good Luck.

Best regards,