Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

I have just begun taking social psychology. I know what self

I have just begun taking social psychology. I know what self -schema means ( beliefs about self and how we organize and guide the processof self-relebant information) here is the question it seems easy but nothing comes to mind. Explain how a college education will change or modify a person's self- schema?

Hi!

I got it!!!

You can tackle this two ways:

(1) in counseling terms (thoughts, feelings and behaviors) or

(2) in Psychology terms (social, emotional, economic, spiritual, and cognitively).

So, for example, a college education will change your (see #1), thoughts by having you critically analyze incoming information, whereas before your college educaion, you would rely on past experience to make decisions.

Or, (see #2) a college educaion will change you socially because educated people have more to offer other people because they are well read and well versed in a variety of subjects.

Does this help?

Nancy

Another thing - you may want to find some concepts specific to social psychology in yout text and use those instead of the concepts I provided

... and also add, "this would change my self-schema by....."

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks.. I got it
Great! I hope it helps :-)