NGonzalez, Psychotherapist
Experience:  15 yrs of clinical experience, relationship issues, marriage & family therapy, eating disorders

name the best or top rated doctors for adult ocd in tucson

name the best or top rated doctors for adult ocd in tucson ariona

Thank you for your question. Its difficult to name a person because this is a personal choice and everyone's expectation are different. However, I can give you some leads.

When choosing a doctor Its a good idea to research his or her credentials. You can approach this in different way and it depends on your needs. With regard to their education and whether they are specialized in OCD, you should look for a physician or psychiatrist who is board certified in that specialty. You need specialties training, education and supervision to meet this qualification. You should also check for any disciplinary action or malpractice claims.

This will give you information about their background but its also important that you feel comfortable with your doctor. Ask friends, family, your PCP or other professional if they have heard of this doctor and their impression of him or her. They can also give you names of people they know personally or by word of mouth.

Lastly, there are some on line resources to explore when making your decision. I've included two here but there are more:

For me, education and training are very important but equally important is feeling heard and understood by my doctor so meeting with them or talking withthem over the phone is important when determining if there is a match. Its more labor intensive but it is worth it. Good luck!

Best regards,