Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

hi im an 18yr old girl and i hear voices in my head (well 1

Customer Question

hi im an 18yr old girl and i hear voices in my head (well 1 infact) but no1 believes me...they say its stress, i have tried to kill myself sooo many times (last yr alone i od 63 times, ive also set myself on fire, drank ecaliptus oil ect...) 2 psycs in the past have told me that i would end up killing myself and then gave up on me (im really concidering doin that atm) they say i have BPD. there is so much goin on in my life that my own councellors have told me that they cant believe that im still alive n its still going...life seems to much and i dont know what to do any more, my family is no longer in my life sorta...im always in fear of my life from others, im afraid that something bad is goin 2 happen if the volume, station,microwave ect...is set on anything that doesnt end in a 5 or 0 there is so manything interferring with my life.

i dont know what 2 do anymore...is there any hope 4 me...what can i do 2 get through all this or should i just kill myself?

thnxs
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

I am glad you wrote.

DO NOT kill yourself over this. Hearing vioices in your head (even if it's just one) is a brain chemical issue- that's it. NOTHING ELSE, just a brain chemical issue -- and we know this to be a fact, because when we give people medication for it (antipsychotics) the voices GO AWAY. That is how we know somebody has a specific disorder - if the medication makes it go away.

All you need to do is go to a Psychiatrist and tell them you hear this voice. THey will ask you other questions, and then prescribe a new medication.

There is all the hope in the world that this medication will work. And I realize that the hardest part is going to be getting to a Psychiatrist - but do it - no matter what.

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Let me know... and let's keep in touch. I want to help you through this whole process. Okay?

Nancy