Shana Parsons
Shana Parsons, Therapist
Experience:  Masters Degree, 8 mos shy of PHD and a license to practice in TX (in process of full licensure)
18184185

If anytime I go out in public I start to fear that everyone

Customer Question

If anytime I go out in public I start to fear that everyone is judging me , and I get self-conscious, and start sweating, and walking fast could it be that I have high anxiety?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shana Parsons replied 5 years ago.
Yep.
Sounds like social phobia.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I recently got an increase in my prozac and since that increase my fear has gotten greater. I still had the same fear when I was on the lower dose it just wasnt as bad.

Also is there an eating disorder where you eat a normal amount of food and then throw it up and use laxitives
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I recently got an increase in my prozac and since that increase my fear has gotten greater. I still had the same fear when I was on the lower dose it just wasnt as bad.   Also is there an eating disorder where you eat a normal amount of food and then throw it up and use laxitives
Yes. Eating and then vomiting is called Bulimia.
Bulimia is when you eat large quantities of food and then purge it either by vomiting, laxatives or exercise.
Eating disorders are often associated with BDD and body image issues.
If the prozac is not working for you and you have been on it for more than 2 weeks, it is time to revisit this medication and consider another option.
Are you getting your meds from a general practitioner or a psychiatrist?
Did I answer your questions or was there something else?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it still called bulimia if i dont eat an larg amount of food
Well..
perhaps.
Depends.
But it is definitely an eating disorder if its been going on for awhile, more than a few weeks.