Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

Hi. I have been having some problems for a while now and I

Customer Question

Hi. I have been having some problems for a while now and I have been to numerous doctors and all of my test are coming back normal. Let me list what I have had. MRI of head ,CT of CHEST and HEAD ,ENG ,Champ ABR, Numerous blood work diabetes,liver,kidneys,cholestral, thyroid,anemia.everything is normal! I feel like I am a hypochondriac and I worry about every little thing that goes on in my body and I think I am going to die everytime . My anxiety level is way high. For instance I was sitting here and I saw this red spot on my arm and didnt know what it was. My hole body went into panic mode! I started feeling hot spots,my stomach started hurting and I was feeling nauseous, I felt myself breathing kindof funny and I just started freaking out I always do that. I have had balance problem for months that the doctors dont know where its coming from cause they have tested me for everything listed above. Im so sick of feeling this way !
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Hello niccosse,

Could you please tell me - Have you ever consulted with a Psychiatrist for all these problems?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a therapist not a pyschiatrist.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information. These types of symptoms you have mentioned are commonly reported by patients suffering from Anxiety spectrum disorder.

Panic attacks present with the symptoms you have described lastly.

Kindly see this link below .

Anxiety and phobia

Although it is not appropriate and also, too early to say that you are having Hypochondriasis, as this diagnosis require extensive and detailed medical history and mental status examination, but some of the symptoms you have mentioned may indicate its possibility . Please see this link for more info.

Hypochondriasis

Hypochondriasis and Anxiety disorders could exist together.

There are medicines available such as SSRIs which are a type of antidepressants and are among the drug of choice for treatment of Anxiety disorder.
Psychotherapy such as Cognitive Behavior therapy is also very beneficial in such patients.

In my view, you should consult a Psychiatrist for the proper evaluation and management of these symptoms.

If you have any other query, please feel free to ask.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you I need a pyschiatrist but they are so expensive. I think I might have to just come up with the money and do it. This has ruined my life! The only thing they can find wrong with me is high blood pressure. My doctor seems to think thats because I am so anxious all the time. This all started happening back in October and I had just gave birth in June and ever since I havent been the same. My doctor diagnosed me with Ocular Migranes which he thinks is brought on by stress. I think thats my main problem! I was in an abusive relationship that ended in him threatning to kill me and my family and sometimes I have nightmares about it and he is out of my life now ,but I still have that on my mind. I have just had so much happen to me and I think it is messing with my head and I am making myself sick. At night I cant sleep cause sometimes I will drift off and feel like I am not breathing enough and I will just wake up. Its so hard to just be able to relax and go to sleep. They are testing me for sleep apnea for that but I also think it could be apart of my anxiety. I didnt realize anxiety could do so much to your body.

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
I am really sorry to hear about your past and I appreciate it that you seem to have a fighting spirit as evident from what you have written in your reply.

You are correct, that anxiety can manifest itself in many form.

If it is possible for you, I would be glad to know about the result of your test when you receive them.

I also wish you a early and speedy recovery.

Regards
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience: MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will let you know thanks so much you were so helpful! Laughing