Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

Help, my boyfriend and I fight bad twice amonth. I cant tell

Help, my boyfriend and I fight bad twice amonth. I cant tell him to hug me or he says: dont tell me what to do. yesterday he asked me to be sweet to him, after that I held his hand, gave him a kiss and told him I love him. He still made a strange face, so I asked him what I did wrong. He answered:nothing. he got mad and rolled over. I asked him again which then he grabbed me so hard at my wrists that today I have a bruise. One thing led to another and he dumped club soda over my head. I love him so much but I dont think this behaviour is proper
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for writing.

This is physical abuse. Until he gets professional help - this will continue.

I understand you are going to want to make excuses, tell yourself that it's not as bad as you are making it - all the things that women tell themselves so they can stay, but this is an abusive relationship and you will find yourself in more and more physical pain until you leave.

Nancy