Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years

I am writing my final paper and I am having a issue doing the

Customer Question

I am writing my final paper and I am having a issue doing the comparison between the child development theories. This my question what are similarity and difference in the cognitive, Learning and contextual theories? For example Skinner, Watson and Pavlov were behaviorist theorist and Piaget and Urie Bronfendernner developmental theorist. I understand their concepts but can not seem to do a similarity and difference in their concepts.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mary!

Just so I am clear -- you are to discuss the similarities/differences between (1) Skinner, Watson and Pavlov with (2) Piaget and Bronfenbrenner (corrected spelling)?

Is that right?

Nancy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is the question, compare and contrast three concepts of each theory points of similarity and points of diffrence in cognitive, learning and contextual theories.

I wrote about those theorist in my paper. Skinner, Watson and Pavlov are under behavoirst theorist who theories are the learning theories, Piaget was (congnitive theory), and Bronfenbrenner (contextual theory).
Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

Okay... so behaviorists believe that development (growing intellectually) is determined by consequences. Whereas Cognitive theorists believe that development is a result of mastering new age-appropriate stages, and contextual theorists believe that development is a result of environmental and contextual interaction with the world around you.

Similarities include the idea that children do not develop in a vacuum- that development is a result of interaction with the world

Differences include the idea that development occurs as a result of feedback (beha) or interaction.

With this in mind, you can now choose two other issues, such as "how people learn" or "morals" for instance and add that to how development occurs. Use topics that you've learned about in the course. Most likely those were morality, sexuality, intellect, development, learniing, attachment and so on....

Does this help?

Nancy

Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience: ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay this is simple and I understand this helps a great deal. Thanks thanks thanks alot
Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.
I am so glad!!!

Nancy :-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Nancy,

How do I get you answer questions when I need them if you were the only one I want to answer.

Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

Hi!

All you have to do is write FOR: XXXXX XXXXX in the subject line - and I'll get it :-)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Nancy,

I have a question already waiting the in que I just wanted you to answer here is the question "Explain how a college education will change or modify a person's self- schema?"

I know that self schema is a perosn belief about selfthat organizes and guides the procesiing of self relevant information, the question seems easy enough but I can not seem to answer it.

Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.
Got it... I sent a response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks and I see you answered my questions and it helps
Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

Good! I am so glad! Sounds like a new semester! One step closer to the big goal!!! Congratulations :-)

Nancy :-)