How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Nancy Your Own Question

Nancy, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 746
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Nancy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have constant mood swings. One minute I am happy and the

Customer Question

I have constant mood swings. One minute I am happy and the next I am angry which then leads to depression. I have suicidal thoughts. I feel like no one loves or cares about me and I just want to die. My fiance is great and has been by my side for almost 5 years. I've noticed that at the age of 18 my symptoms started getting worst and my anger and depression started to build. I am always agitated over the smallest things and constantly taking it out on my fiance. I truly feel that there is something wrong with me and I need to know now.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.



I am really glad you wrote.


Our moods and emotions (things like anger, happiness, sadness) are all controlled by chemicals in our brain. When we have any sort of prolonged stressor, our brains over produce some of these chemicals. So they don't just sit there, the brain aborbs them again (it's a release -aborb cycle), but with stress, the brain over produces and absorbs too quickly -- not allowing us to use them properly. That process causes us to have mood swings, feel and express anger, get depressed and overall feel rotten.


To fix it, you need to take medication that regulates that process.


What *exactly* you have will be determined by a Psychiatrist (don't see your regualr MD, go to a Psychiatrist). This could be Depression or it could be Bipolar - but the Psychiatrist will ask you question to determine exactly what you have and give you a prescription for medication that will stop all of this.


How else can I help?



Related Mental Health Questions