Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

I wrote to Dr. Kaulein(spelling) last night and would like

I wrote to Dr. Kaulein(spelling) last night and would like to write to him if possible. If not, can you find my information and answer. I asked about trying alcohol withdrawal and celexa withdrawal. However, I was incorrect. I need to withdraw from klonopin. I have had it for years for anxiety.
Hello Mam,

Klonopin (Clonazepam-generic name) belongs to a benzodiazepine class of drug.

In order to stop it, Klonopin should be taper by roughly .25 mg every 3 days to reduce the chances of withdrawal effects such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache,irritability, tingling sensations.

If a patient experience withdrawal,dosing may be need to be tapered very slowly may be over months.Also sometimes it is necessary to differentiate between reemergence of symptoms from withdrawal, as both may be somewhat similar in presentation sometimes.

Please see this link for more information.

People undergoing withdrawal

I hope it helps.

Regards