Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years

I would like to find a therapist who is a practicing student

Customer Question

I would like to find a therapist who is a practicing student of "A Course in Miracles."    I'm dealing with depression, anxiety, inability to take action and chronic pain.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Hi Ruth,

What is your Zip code and what cities would you be willing to travel to (general area).

I'll see what I can find.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ummm...yes -- I guess my location would be helpful information.

I'm near Dayton, Ohio zip 45324 (actually Fairborn)

I'd prefer someone within a half hour's drive, but I'd be willing to travel up to an hour for the right person. The tradeoff is in physical pain as driving hurts my back.

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Let me see what I can come up with....

Nancy :-)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks Nancy -- I'll check back tomorrow, it's past my bedtime.

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.
Mary ClaybonEmail
Website(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Cincinatti, OH
ACIM study Group meets 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month. Call or email for details

Mary Anne BurrowsEmail (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Lakewood, OH
Free class Saturdays 3-5pm at Unity Spiritual CenterXXXXX Westlake, Ohio 44145. Also available for Spiritual and Metaphysical Centered Counseling.

David HoffmeisterEmail
Website(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Cincinnati, OH

And finally, the AHC is doing a study group for "A Course in Miracles" by Foundation for Inner Peace. With Ken Obermeyer.

Alliance Healing CenterXXXXXbr />Mason, OH 45040

Alliance Healing Center
Therapeutic massage, yoga and reflexology.

How much:
Free, donations accepted

Contact all of these-- ask for therapists associated with ACIM, and let me know how it goes...

I'll keep looking and post what I find when I find it, so keep an eye out for updates :-)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sure I understand...

Are the two Mary's and David therapists? or do they just teach ACIM?

Are these just ACIM groups (they're all over the place -- I can find an ACIM group meeting in town.)

I appreciate you trying to help me on this, honestly. But I could look up ACIM groups and call them to see if they have therapists on board. That was the point of the task.

My original request was for the name of a local therapist who was also a student of ACIM. Are these people you listed therapists?

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

The people listed are ACIM facilitator. I am trying to help you find someone who is both licensend and a follower of ACIM, but not everyone lists that in their therapist profile - so you're going to have luck if you ask local ACIM facilitators for a referral.

But, perhaps someone else can help, so I am going to opt out and let someone else take this question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Nancy,

Yeah -- I know -- I was hoping to avoid all the calling around by going through this service but it looks like it's unavoidable. thanks anyway.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't understand. Perhaps I wasn't as clear in my last reply. "Thanks anyway" coupled with a non-acceptance means that I'm not satisfied with the answer.

You did not provide what I asked for -- unless I am mistaken and one of the 3 people you listed is an actual licensed medical therapist. Is that so? I've looked at the two websites you provided and neither of the two claim to be therapists. If even one of the 3 people is an actual therapist -- that is a licensed mental health professional -- (and I think it was reasonable to expect a licensed, mental health professional when using the word "therapist" within this context) then I will happily pay you.

Otherwise, I could have googled-up local ACIM groups -- which I had already done before seeking help from JustAnswer.

If I have to do the calling around to the different ACIM groups to find a therapist, then I am doing the work. Life Coaches and "facilitators" are not the same as a therapist.

I'm sorry if you feel that I have wronged you, but I used this service one other time and I was grateful and happy to pay for it -- as I would be had you provided the information I requested.