Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

my brother is murry royal hospital,perth,scotland,after being

Customer Question

my brother is murry royal hospital,perth,scotland,after being home for x amount of years,he had one drunken night and has now been taken back to hospital with no realese date or explanation by staff.what is the mental health laws for murry royal ,how can i get my brother back home.when i phone the hospital and ask about how my brother is they say,we cant tell you anything without abrahams concent.we dont know why he was taken in or for how long,he is the youngest of nine children,we are all very worried as we were not informed or contacted when he was readmited,any advice please as i dont no the laws for murry royal hospital,perth in scotland.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

The law is that anyone who is a danger to themself or others will be legally held for at least three days. He is best off where he is.

Did he sign a release, so all of you could speak with him? Or did they give you times you could visit with him?