Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

I have been dating a psychologist for 10 days, had great chemistry,

I have been dating a psychologist for 10 days, had great chemistry, conversations, so much in common he couldn't believe it. We have great sex, he is very loving. he told me he was in love with me, loved me the second he saw me, he doesn't want me to see anyone else, doesn't want any guy to touch me etc etc when he was drunk. He told me he always does what he says he will. He was going to let me know about Easter dinner & would call me last night. No call! I texted him this morning, he's out of town on business, I just said "Good morning" with a smilely face and after an hour he texted me "Good morning"...period. Haven't heard anything since. Should I call him or do nothing?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

As a therapist, I always hear men complain about women who go too fast, but in your case, it seems as though he is the one going way too fast.

LOVE within 10 days??? I'd question if he is really feeling his feelings or is just intellectualizing (an extremely common trait among therapists).

I know you are wondering if you should call or not... but doesn't it disturb you that he could say that he is in love with you so soon? Doesn't that send HUGE red flags and sirens off for you?

I'd do absolutely nothing and wait to see what he does. Waiting to see what he does is far more revealing than pressuring someone into calling you back. Giving them all the room in the world tells you more about what their thought process is, tells you what they are thinking...

But I'd still be very wary of this guy.... no matter what he says.

What is his past relationship history like? Is he divorced? A serial dater? His past will tell you everything you need to know about how it will go with you and him.

Nancy