Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years

Hello, I used to work as a HR Administrator but my contract

Hello, I used to work as a HR Administrator but my contract ended at the end of March. I have since received calls from my previous employers and I feel that I am being bullied/harrased into taking a two week temporary receptionist position. I have said no as I have interviews lined up for HR positions. I have to add that the manner in which I was spoken to was extremely rude. I was told that I was a fool for not taking the temp secretarial position given the economic climate at the moment. I however dont want to do a secretarial role as it is extremely boring and know that it wont help my psychological state; i suffer from depression. This is connected to a divorce that i went through a couple of years ago. I have previously done filing and secretarial work and my migraines got a lot worse as well as the pain in my temples. I have been told that I am being funny. What is the best course of action to take as my health is more important to me than money.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

I apologize for this might sound trite, but what do YOU want; forget what everyone else says, what do YOU want to do?

Nancy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Nancy,

I want to continue going for interviews for HR positions. I have worked in HR for the last 18 months and i also studied HR at uni.

Expert:  Nancy replied 5 years ago.

Hi again,

I am glad you wrote back :-)

So, when they call you again, thank them for thinking of you and tell them you that although you are flattered, you are pursuing other opportunities.

Then... do what YOU want to do :-)

Problem solved?

Nancy

Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience: ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years