How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Nancy Your Own Question

Nancy, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 746
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Nancy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you give me any medicine for my case

Customer Question

i married for 18 months, until now i can not do completly intercourse with my husband. my age 39y and age my husband 64.we did all tests blood and examination.the results perfect, but the docter advice me should be visit psychiatry docter because his thought i suffering from vaginisum problem. please help me i hope have got baby please don not ignor my question . pleases i wait your answer.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer!


I agree with the referral, to go see a psychiatrist if you are looking for medications.


But I'd also recommend treatment with a licensed Sex Therapist. Sex therapy for vaginismus is talk therapy to find out what kinds of emotional or psychological issues you might have that prevent you from relaxing and enjoying sex.


To find a therapist in the UK, you can get information from:


Sexual Dysfunction Association Suite 301, London Bridge Hospital,XXXXX London, SE1 2PR Helpline 0870(NNN)


I hope this information is helpful, please feel free to email back with questions.



Nancy and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


can you send to me the name of medicine for my case. because i can not do appointment in clinic or hospital now. if i do that take it after 5 - 6 months

long time and for me the time is very important

what can i do?


cardiff - walse- uk

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

The type of medication you can take can ONLY be decided after a full medical check-up. I cannot do that, nor can I give you the names of medications, because I do not know exactly what is wrong with you. There are countless possibilities.


You have to do to a medical doctor for a checkup, and then speak with someone who specializes in this area. I gave you the link before -- but here it is again: Sexual Dysfunction Association Suite 301, London Bridge Hospital,XXXXX London, SE1 2PR Helpline 0870(NNN) NNN-NNNN


You need to contact them.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.


well, my problem in intercourse i have pain and muscular tension in my pelvis and fear from this process. i do not why?

my menses orginize each month. i have not any problem in the gland. blood pressure perfect, what else i have not any disease.

Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

I understand that that is YOUR diagnosis of the problem, but you have to go to a doctor and let them examine you. Okay?



Related Mental Health Questions