Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified in family medicine.
4968719

I was cleaning the house. I took one xanex, 1 Nardil (MAO)

I was cleaning the house. I took one xanex, 1 Nardil (MAO) and a Vicodin (I did not have a scrip for the Vicodin). I was fine, dusting the inside of a large glass bowl with Endust. The bowl shattered, rather loudly, glass went everywhere, I passed out. I wasn't breathing well when paramedics were called and was in a coma for 5 days and my family was told I probably wouldn't make it. Is it (possible) that the events listed above could have caused this near death experience I had?

I believe the combination of drugs you took contributed to your near death experience. All three medications are sedatives. It is especially common for Nardil to interact with other sedative medications and induce somnolence and suppress breathing. This combination is particularly dangerous if your body is not used to the effects of sedatives.

Respiratory suppression is common when people mix alcohol with pain medicines like vicodin, or when they take more than 2 sedative medications together. Your reaction to the drugs was very strong. It is important for you to let your doctors know how sensitive you are to sedative medications.