DocHarrison
DocHarrison, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
14430248

I have been taking pristiq for 6 mos. An MD replaced the Celexa

I have been taking pristiq for 6 mos. An MD replaced the Celexa that I had taken for over a year, in hopes that Pristq would lessen the lack of sexual abiliity, Getting off Celexa did help that issue but I am very down and depressed I do not see any improvement with the pristiq. What anti depressant would you recommend. Female just turned 60
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DocHarrison replied 7 years ago.

There is no "right answer" for this, as it is difficult to predict how certain people will respond to different antidepressants. However, your depression seems to be returning - so Pristiq is not a good option for you. A recent study has shown that Lexapro and Zoloft are the two most effective meds for dpression, and I have found that my patients has less libido diffiulties with lexapro. You may want to give this a try, but nobody (including me) can say with certainty that it will be any better than the celexa.

Good luck and please click ACCEPT if this information was helpful. Thanks.