Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years

Hi, I am originally from Brazil. Ive been in the US for 12

Customer Question

Hi, I am originally from Brazil. I've been in the US for 12 years. I am 31, single mother of a 7 year old girl. I would like to have some counseling, but can't afford mental health sessions. Do you guys help with counseling online?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

We can answer specific questions, but refer you to a local counselor for ongoing counseling. Therapy only really works when you see someone on an ongoing basis; you need to go each week and talk to someone in person.

Part of people getting better, is that one-on-one relationship -- we work out some of our issues with that person.

To find low-cost or counseling on a sliding scale, look in your local phone book under Counselors or Clinics -- counseling, low cost. Look in local publications for low cost mental health clinics, ask around. Ask doctors, lawyers, and ask counselors directly -- most of us offer low or free sessions to at least one person on our caseload.

Let me know if I can be of help as well...