Lively
Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
13693856

I have OCD and depression, I used paxil for ten years but asked

I have OCD and depression, I used paxil for ten years but asked my doctor if there was another med I could try because of the weight gain and the horrible sweating I have when I am using the paxil. So I was put on effexor. I was not doing great on it, I as very moody and got upset easy, I asked to see a psyschiatrist, he has put me on Pristiq, I have only been on it for about ten days and I still seem moody but my main concern is I feel the obsession with cleaning etc coming on strong. I want to know if there is any drug that will treat my OCD and depression ( other then paxil) and not have terrible side effects. Please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.
Customer

One of the most commonly prescribed medications for OCD and depression (that you have not already tried) is Luvox. Perhaps there is a reason that your doctor did not think this was right for you, but you might consider asking about it. Effexor is also very commonly used for these symptoms but clearly that was not the most helpful for you.