Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist is sports medicine psychology. Certified in yoga, relaxation techniques and meditation.
5625079

hello today i sat down on the floor today and i felt i was

hello today i sat down on the floor today and i felt i was going to feel back and it was scarey the doctor says i suffer with anxitey and i think i have way way more then anxitey as no one i have spoken with has the symptom i am explain here is like when i am sitting on the ground i feel i am going to fall back and feel like a am swaying to keep myself from staying sitting so so scarey what is happening to me and i aint taht anxious that bad today just a little bit,,,
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Greetings.

Sitting on floor and getting up sometimes can cause postural hypotension or sudden change in blood pressure. This can cause feeling of swaying. This happens especially to those who are on medicines like for blood pressure etc. Electrolyte imbalances or dehydration (such as after strenuous exercises) also can cause postural hypotension. It is advised that sudden change of posture should be avoided to prevent this feeling or associated fall.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO IT NOT THAT AS I HAVE THIS LOSS OF BALANCE TOO AND ITS MORE THEN ANXITEY TOO AND ITS VERY VERY SCAREY AND THE OTHER THING IS I GO AND HAVE THREAPY DONE AND I HAVE BEEN TO HER 4 TIME OR FOR 4 WEEKS ONCE AS WEEK AND EVERYTIME I LEAVE THERE I HAVE VERY VERY VERY HIGH ANXITEY OR A PANIC ATTACK AND VERY VERY SCAREY AND THAT AINT NORMAL AT ALL IS IT AS I THOUGHT I WOULD BE GETTING BETTER BY NOW,,,

I agree this should get better by now with the 4 sittings. This means that you need some medical treatment also, apart from the counseling. The duration or the frequency of the counseling sessions can also be increased. People with anxiety or anxiety disorders often have excessive worry, feelings of being "on edge", or even feelings of dread. You have to discuss in Cognitive behavioral therapy sessions about your environment, behavior, and patterns of thinking. Ask your GP to start some medications like Benzodiazepines, if not already done.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what will the benzodiazepine do for me...

Benzodiazepines are a class of medications used to lower anxiety levels. These medications begin to work quickly, within a few minutes to an hour. contact your GP so they can be started.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have valium buti feel if i have like 5 to 6 mgs it dont do much for me in settleing me down or lowering my anxiteyand i feel really really strange on my feet when i am standing and wheh i am sitting i feel strange as well i dont know what is wrong with me hey and so so so scared...

Tesa,

Please remember, people who take benzodiazepines should take care when beginning to use these medications; sleepiness can potentially impact driving safety, job performance, and decision-making. Additionally, benzodiazepines should not be taken with alcohol, other sedating drugs, or at higher than prescribed doses. Your valium can be increased but it has to be done by your doctor. This would be done very slowly also. You should also ask your doctor to consider some medication like serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), and buspirone.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have tryed 5 driffent antidrpreants and and stayed on each of them for 3 months and they never ever worked for me at all so i think that is is way way more then anxitey...

Hello Tesa,

I agree with what you say. If you think that it is more than the anxiety and is a organic issue related to your organ system, discuss it with your doctor. Your concerns should be investigated by your treating physician. The anti-depressants many time take more than three months to get the optimal effects. Many times their effects need to be seen for up to 6 months. If one group of the medication does not give the desired effects, in this duration, other group of medications are tried or added.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so u are saying that i may have more wrong with me then anxitey and can u have a look at this site and tell me should i try these tablets onh this website... http://seredyn.com/ i am so so scared you think i may have more then anxitey hey...

Tesa,

I did not say that, you have more than anxiety. As a matter of fact, my opinion would be that by these interactions, it looks like anxiety. But just on the basis of online interactions, concrete opinions cannot be made. Your personal doctor is the best for the diagnosis. You have been thoroughly investigated, and all of them show that you don't have anything significant. So again it is likely that it is anxiety. So go by what your personal physician say.

I saw the site, which you sent me the link. I would not advocate these kind of products which have no scientific studies behind their claims. The reports on these sites are anecdotal and may not be beneficial.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what do you think i should try like st john wart or what other ones are there that i can try that will help me get rid of anxitey and u are saying i have more wrong with me then anxitey and ur agreed with me hey... so so so scared now...

Tesa,

I agreed with your concerns. If you think that your problems are related to any organ or system dysfunctions, ask your physician. They would examine you and that would give some definite clues. They can decide you to investigate if they think that it is necessary. Please remember that depression and anxiety are very common symptoms in our population and they are associated with both emotional symptoms and physical symptoms. They can increase both the perception and impact of physical symptoms, as they are, associated with biologic changes in neurochemistry in the brain. There are some data, that support the efficacy of standardized extracts of St. John's wort in the short-term treatment of mild to moderate depression. So you may try it, but your GP should know it, as he may like to give you some other medicines too.

Dr. Arun

St John

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so you thiunk that there is more wrong with me hey...

Tesa,

I categorically said, with these interactions, I feel it is more of the anxiety than any physical issue. This may manifest with the physical symptoms.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what you mean i didnt understand what you ment and you said that you agreed with me that it seemed like more then anxitey...

Hi Tesa,

I said that I agree to your concerns. But these concerns are addressed by your primary health care provider.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so u thyinki i have more wrong wityh me or not so so so so scared and i should be heaps heaps better after 4 appointments with my therapist hey... and what herble thing should i try for my anxitey...

The herbal medications may not work for your anxiety so it would be better to go for the conventional treatment than the alternative treatment. Cognitive behavioral therapy always helps, so sessions with your therapist would be mainstay with the medications.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what does the Cognitive behavioral therapy mean and how do they do that... please get back to me asap...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you think i may have more wrong then anxitey... as i think i do

The therapist will discuss your anxiety issues in Cognitive behavioral therapy and try to address them. As I mentioned it looks to me as anxiety disorder.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how will she address my anxitey issures

By the counseling session. Talking to you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i seem to be getting worse and worse tho and i dont know why can you tell me why i am getting worse and worse each time i see her,,

This worsening of situation should be addressed at two fronts;

1) Talk to your therapist that it is not leading anywhere and may be causing some deterioration. She can employ different strategy or techniques.

2) Talk to your GP or referring physician who may consider sending you to another therapist.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what does deterioration mean

Deterioration means worsening.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience: Specialist is sports medicine psychology. Certified in yoga, relaxation techniques and meditation.