Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

cant get handle on rage at sisters, one specifcally. i got

can't get handle on rage at sisters, one specifcally. i got through their idea of fairness regarding our parents Trust [both dec]. now she keeps 'reaching out' as she says. coming at me, i say. recently used my adult children to get at me, it failed. but she used that rift to have my 2 kids and one grand with her at christmas. of all the nerve! while i sat solo catatonic- tears flowing, not knowing the truth. had worked for this dear XXXXXtmas desire 3 years in a row, did nothing to deserve being alone. i merely declined to be her sister again. cuz i wasn't when it suited her to give things away, steal my pet tortoise, WHO CAME WHEN I CALLED HER [i love her still so much] and give all items with dads initials[THAT I SHARE] away to an awful cousin. NO PHONE CALL, ASKING, TELLING    NOTHING. revenge and forgiveness occupy my whole lifes hours. i can't and i can't . i blame them for the fibromyalgia i have. i gotta find peace, i left now they want me to be me for them again. i'd sooner
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello:

I can see that you are terribly distressed by the unthinkable behavior of your sisters. I wish I could give you a magic answer, but the unfortunate truth is that we cannot change other people, we can only change ourselves.

If you have been acting ethically and honestly with them and they continue to hurt you, the only recourse you have is to break off the relationship with them. You must not allow them to hurt you any more.

You already have fibromyalgia because of this, and stress will aggravate fibromyalgia. Are you willing to sacrifice your future health because of this? If not, separate yourself from them and find a "family" that you can love and who loves you back.

Warmest regards,