Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I have been told that a person with dyslexia can not take multiple

Customer Question

I have been told that a person with dyslexia can not take multiple choice tests where they need to mark either a-b- or c as their choice; that they can not comprehend this even ones who do read. Also that there are 3 types od dyslexia and I know of only one as my son was diagnoised at age 8yrs and needed to learn to read different from normal. he is an adult now with a IQ of over 130
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

I have never heard that people with dyslexia cannot take multiple choice tests. Dyslexia is diagnosed very early in primary grades and the child is given treatment. They can learn how to read just as well as other children, although, possibly not as quickly. As for the three types, no idea.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you the 3 types I have been told are different stages from mild to severs and the question i wanted was the difference in them
OK, I will opt out and let someone else answer for you.