DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Practitioner

i need help. Some of the time i am so happy to the point where

i need help. Some of the time i am so happy to the point where i am really hyper i cant sit still i want to be out doing anything i can my head is racing but can get really irritated. but then the next thing am really down everthing is a struggle and i cut myself i want it all to end. what can i do to be normal
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 7 years ago.
Hello Customer!
It sounds like you have a variety of bipolar disorder where the mania is the hyperactivity and racing thoughts and the depression is manifesting as the suicidal thoughts and cutting. You need to get treated. With endangering thoughts and cutting acitivity this warrants a visit to the emergency. There are many effective meds now for mood disorders and this needs to be officially diagnosed and categorized in order to be placed on the correct medication. You cannot go on living this way without endangering yourself and really should not wait.
Good Luck
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The problem is i dont know what to say to the docs, if you could help. i dont want to be on meds, what to get through without, have looked at things but nothing seems to help me.