Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

taking lithium and anti depressants cant quite seem to get

Customer Question

taking lithium and anti depressants can't quite seem to get my old self back 100per cent. Any ideas on what I can do to speed up the recovery thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

If you are satisfied that you are on the correct medication with the correct dose, the only other intervention I can think of is to exercise aerobically every day. Aerobic exercise is a good a mood stabilizer as any medication. My opinion is that exercise will speed up the process of stabilizing your mood.

Warmest regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already know this and do quite a bit of exercise already.I have 2 dogs who I walk twice a day and a horse to look after and ride, oh and dont forget the cat that comes for walks with us! any other suggestions please?
I have opted out and will let another expert take a look at this.