Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

What combination of drugs can I get to diminish or eliminate

What combination of drugs can I get to diminish or eliminate my anger problem?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

Sometimes people use SSRIs to help manage anger. These include medications like Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, Celexa, etc. You could ask your psychiatrist if these would be right for you.

In my experience, therapy is more effective in managing anger than medication. Learning what triggers your anger, how to cope with it in a less destructive way, and how to repair the relationship damage that anger can cause tends to produce longer lasting changes than medication. If you'd like to try therapy, I would suggest that you find a psychologist who has expertise in anger management.