Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

I am 80 years old have copd with emphysema and asbestoses.

I am 80 years old have copd with emphysema and asbestoses. my doctor says i have built up a tollerance and most people couldn't breath when there blood oxygen level droped as low as mine. I just got out of the hospital or torture chamber and had rether end my life rether then go back. I would like to find a doctor to write a prescription for seconal or pentobarbital to have on hand as a means to exit this life. I have read the book the final exit and know about the exit bag with the helium but I dont' want my family to find me with a plastic bab over my head. can you help me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

Your illness and the treatment for it sound awful and I can understand why you wouldn't want to go through it again. However, it is not legal for any psychiatrist (or other MD) to prescribe you medication in order for you to commit suicide.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I live in Oregon where assisted suicide is leagal so an MD.could write a prescription to end my life.
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.
Given that the MDs on the Just Answer site are from all over the world, you might have trouble finding someone who is willing to help you with this given legal implications in places OTHER than Oregon. Additionally, experts from Just Answer do not write prescriptions for customers, we only offer advice.