Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

Does Librium helps with my aggresiveness

Customer Question

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

Generally speaking any benzodiazepine should calm you down and make you sleepy. However, if you have an anger problem which manifests itself with aggressive behavior, you probably will still be hostile toward others.

Let me know if you have further questions about this.

Best wishes,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, does it mean that I have an anger problem,but my anxiety makes it worse and almost uncontrolable. What is the highest dosage I can take( of Librium) or Librium and something else.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX need to know how to diminish or eliminate my anger problem.

You might wish to look into an anger management program to help with the anger, but first I recommend that you get an evaluation from a mental health professional to make sure you do not have significant depression. Depression can be expressed in angry outbursts. Librium might help in the short term, but the risks are not worth the benefit.

If you have depression, you need an antidepressant, not a benzodiazepine. Anxiety is the flip side of depression and responds just as well to the newer antidepressants as depression. so, you really have nothing to lose by trying an antidepressant. You may be very surprised at how it eliminates your anger problem.

Warmest regards,