Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I was admitted to a mental health facility for some problems

Customer Question

I was admitted to a mental health facility for some problems with bi polar disorder and PTSD. When I went in they changed my medications. I had been taking effexor and seroquel for 3 years. I stopped taking seroquel and began having a manic episode, which led me to the hospital. Now I am taking effexor, respirdal, vistiril, and depakote. I was origionally diagnosed with depression anxiety and panic disorder. In the hospital they told me it was bi polar and PTSD. Now when I take my medications at night I am having visual hallucinations, and havent been diagnosed with anything like schizophrenia. What might cause me to be hallucinating. Also what is all this medication gonna do to my body in the long term?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, could you please mention since when are you having these visual hallucinations and what are the doses of the 4 drugs you are placed on?

When previously when you were placed on seroquel , at that time also , did you use to have hallucinations or is this the first ever time you have experienced it?

Regards..