Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

Im a senior in college and graduate in May. Im so close

I'm a senior in college and graduate in May. I'm so close and yet feel so far. I'm so afraid of failing myself and everyone that has supported me. I procrastinate more than ever and I can't afford to. But I feel paralyzed. I don't know how to get my work done and move forward.

Let me encourage you to keep moving forward. The definition of courage is action in spite of fear. Don't let your fear stop you from moving toward your goal.

Start immediately with an action plan. Get a Daytimer and schedule your studying, assignments, reading, papers, etc. so that you are doing something every day.

When the negative thoughts come into your mind, just imagine them floating right out of your mind. You can imagine tying the negative thought to a helium balloon and then watching it float up into the air until it disappears.

If you feel paralyzed when you start working, just take deep breaths. Inhale through your nose for 3 counts, then exhale through your mouth for 6 counts.   Imagine your body relaxing as you exhale and think of blowing all the tension out of your body as you exhale. Keep doing this until you are more focused and relaxed.

You also need to avoid the sugar and caffeine, and exercise aerobically every day. Get out and take a brisk walk. Ride a bike. Go swimming. Aerobic exercise every day is a must and is the best mood stabilizer available. You may also wish to listen to relaxation CDs or relaxing music.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: Take charge of the situation. Keep moving forward no matter how you feel. Do not let your emotions take over.

If you want to discuss this further or ask more questions, please submit your question and ask for Carol. I wish you the very best.

Warmest regards,