Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

what are the statistics on teen suicide in each county in california.

Customer Question

what are the statistics on teen suicide in each county in california. I want Dr. Lively
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

I don't know these statistics and wasn't able to find them online- most of the stats that I found (which aren't exactly what you're looking for) were out-dated anyway. I do know that the suicide rate for the general population in the U.S. is 1% but this probably isn't all that helpful for you. I also found this info which might be of interest to you (but is old):

"The 1992 California Mental Health Survey conducted by the California Department of Mental Health indicates serious mental health disorders in 5% to 7% of youth 0 to 17 years old, a range of 460,000 to 644,000 children and youth."

Sorry I can't be more helpful. If you'd like, I can opt out of this question and let another expert try. Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am also a psychologist and could research this. I asked the question because I do not have the time. This answer was lacking in any expertise. In the ten minutes that I googled it myself I found so much more information. I am not willing to pay this person any money. If he is a psychologist trying to help, he should spend much more time in other search engines. I am extremely dissatisfied.
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.
As I mentioned, I do not know the answer to your question but wanted to respond because you had asked for me specifically. I will opt out so that another expert can help you.