Lively
Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
13693856

ive been completely off suboxone for 6 weeks...after taking

i've been completely off suboxone for 6 weeks...after taking it for 2 years for a opiate addiction i suffered for several years...my md "tapered" me off it...said to take advil...i'm on lexapro also...i have never felt worse..my spine aches..every nerve in my body feels like it is exposed...i am at my wits end! I am a manager in my current occupation..i have NO motivation to go to work...to take care of my house...to be a mother...I do not want to do anything...help...when will this end?????
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.
Customer

I would contact your doctor right away. I know of others who have experienced these kinds of withdrawal symptoms from Suboxone as well and usually they report that they only last a few days, but can be very miserable in the meantime. I would wonder however if perhaps your doctor could help you figure out how to handle these withdrawal symptoms in the meantime. It is NOT a time to turn back to drugs.