Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Hello,my 7 year old is hiding food wrappers around our home

Customer Question

Hello,my 7 year old is hiding food wrappers around our home after she eats it. She also had a school holiday today and pooped in our living room behind our chair.
The food thing has gone on for quit a long time. She is not over weight, however I know that's not important. Its an underlying problem isn't it? She has had a lot of changes recently such as starting a new school, meeting her Dad's family etc. I know I need to address all of this and I just do not know how to or do it right so she comes out on the other side whole and healthy..
Thank you in advance for your help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

It seems you already are trying your level best to deal with this problem,and I appreaciate it very much.

Could you please tell me, what do you mean by delayed motor plaining!
What about her intellectual level, do you think that she is similer to other kids of same age at mental level?
Were you suffering from any disease,taking any medicines during your pregnancy?
Was it a normal birth with no complication ?
Did you noticed any abnormality in her mental, emotional, motor development or any other deviation as compared to other normal child of her age since her birth till now?

Regrds
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Below is a link about motor planing delays. My daughters intellect is equal to her peers. Emotionally I am not so sure. She has been raised with a lot of love, been taught manners and to treat others with kindness and respect. I feels she may be hurting inside and she has said she feels angry towards people who are mean to her. Is she harboring all this anger? Iam just at odds.

Here is a link on motor plaining/developmental dyspraxia

My child was part of an early child intervention program that did in home therapy and out sourced speach therapy as well.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dyspraxia/dyspraxia.htm