Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

I am a very lucky man! I have a great family great friends,

I am a very lucky man! I have a great family great friends, I am not depressed at all I always have a smile. I'm very thankful for what I have as I serve my country as a military firefighter. Sometimes for no apparent reason I feel like nothing can go wrong and my life is a dream. Not a dream as in sleeping dream or in a daydream but as a...make shift reality its hard to explain. I am a realist and i understand reality but i sometimes i think its a dream. if you can explain I would appreciate it. Thanks
Hello Shaun,

Although I am not very much clear about the question you have asked, but there is a term known as Derealization where a person has a feeling that nothing is real,and in which a person experiencing it have Sensation of unreality concerning oneself, parts of oneself, or one's environment that occurs under extreme stress or fatigue.

Please go through this link and tell me what do you think.

It is difficult to comment from here, whether you are experiencing the same thing or not, as it requires a mental status examination and detailed history to reach to a conclusion.

In my view a Psychologist/Psychiatrist face to face consultation may answer your queries in a better way.

If you have any other question, please let me know.