Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

hi i have finally been awarded a visit to a neurologist in

Customer Question

hi i have finally been awarded a visit to a neurologist in 5 weeks time. yet i said to the mental health team that i will not last further than a couple of weeks. i have what i believe are symptoms of delirium which you can tell me if it is true or not. i spend most of my time alone since i cannot handle any sort of stimulation. so i am either lethargic or if i get too much stimulation agitated and pace up and down feeling like i am going mad and making weird sound like mmmmmmmmmmmmm. my resting heart rate is almost always around 100 bits a min when i before this happened to my head was around 70. i feel my head is deteriorating more every day and i have another appointment to the doc tomorrow as i feel i need a scan now. i will not last 5 weeks. i also read which i wasn't surprised about that delirium can cause coma or death. i feel like passing out all the time. do you feel it's an emergency? at the moment i can only think of suicide!!! but am i delirius? please answer quick. sandri
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

I would suggest that you seek immediate medical attention. It sounds like you are having some kind of psychological/neurological issue that is negatively affecting you both emotionally and physically (the increased heart rate in itself is worrisome). It is important that, when you see an emergency room doctor, that you tell him/her that these problems are so distressing to you that you are thinking of suicide.

I believe that you can get the help you need to feel better but feel strongly that you will need medical attention to do this.