Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

I think almost all of his negative traits come from the very

Customer Question

I think almost all of his negative traits come from the very severe sensory integrative disorder. Dawn doesn’t seem to understand that Don & I feel a responsibility there because it must have been our mutual genes that somehow blended to cause that problem for Trey. I don't know much about Sensory integrative disorder do you feel that it is a mutual gene that caused this from my parents.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sure that I'm totally clear on what your question is here, but know a little bit about Sensory Integration Dysfunction and would be happy to talk to you about it.

In the meantime, a good website for info about this disorder is:

Let me know how I can help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my question is did my parents give this to my brother. Is it a trait or gene my parents pass on to him
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

There is not enough research on this disorder to answer this question conclusively, but most studies suggest that there is a biological component to it. As you probably know, sensory intergration dysfunction is related to Autism, Asberger's Syndrome, and ADD- all of which have hereditary components.

As this disorder is more widely recognized and more is learned about it there will probably be more research on what causes it, but right now no one really knows for sure how much is hereditary and how much is environmental.