varung
varung, Doctor
Experience:  M.D. Physician
15587304

I have been having attacks that feel like panic attacks with

I have been having attacks that feel like panic attacks with increasing frequency... sudden dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, throat tightness, racing heart, numbness in my arms and legs, shooting arm pains, headache... it feels like i'm about to die. usually i fall asleep after an attack and wake up feeling a bit better. however, lately i feel sick all the time, not just during these attacks. i have chest discomfort, extreme fatigue (esp after eating), headache, constipation, heartburn, foot pain, leg tingling and numbness, and my head feels fuzzy and stupid. i also have a vaginal infection that doesn't seem to go away. it's getting to the point that i spend all of my time worrying that something is seriously wrong... the problem is, i have no health insurance and can't make a dr's appointment. is this something serious enough to go to the emergency room?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  varung replied 5 years ago.

Hi

How old are you? For how long you have been suffering from these symptoms? Was there any triger after which these symptoms started?

Can you describe to me what are the symptoms of your vaginal infection?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i'm 30 years old. i've had random panic attacks since high school, but only relating to a specific situation... something stressful, or too much caffeine maybe. i would say the attacks have been happening frequently for the past three months, and pretty much steadily/daily for the past 4 to 6 weeks.

as for the infection... discharge with an odor, some discomfort and itch... not like a yeast infection. i don't really know that it's related to the other, unless it could be some sort of trigger.

also forgot to mention... i've gained weight recently, and also seem to have developed rashy, dry skin on my face. again, not sure what's related and what isn't, only that something isn't right and it's scaring me to death.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oh! sorry... no, the symptoms don't seem to be triggered by anything specific most of the time. if my heartbeat increases, i get a headache, a slight stomach pain, whatever... it'll usually trigger a panic attack. however, sometimes i'm doing absolutely nothing and it just hits me.
Expert:  varung replied 5 years ago.

Hi

If you are having chest discomfort, extreme fatigue, heartburn and feeling sick durring the periods between the attacks, it is advisable to go to the emergency department. Moreover your condition is complicated by vaginal infection and appearance of facial rash. All these symptoms suggest an underlying pathology seperate from the problem of panic attacks.

As far as panic attacks are concerned you need to be consulted by a psychiatrist.

Hope you are satisfied with this reply!

Open for any further related querries.

varung, Doctor
Experience: M.D. Physician