Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I have been told that I have dissociative identity disorder,

Customer Question

I have been told that I have dissociative identity disorder, what medication would be the best for this disorder?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

DID is part of the constellation of anxiety disorders. When you are stressed you will dissociate. Obviously, it will help if you learn how to manage stress. Many patients with DID take antidepressants, which are very helpful. It looks like you are taking antidepressants already, and I would recommend that you continue to do so.

You may also wish to see a therapist who is familiar with DID and can help you learn to manage your stress as well as the dissociative symptoms. let me know if you have more questions or need clarification on anything I have said.