Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I fear I am slipping into depression, please help

I have epilepsy and I am on Keppra which is a drug fairly new to me. The side effects of either the epilepsy or the keppra is depression.

What should I do?
Hello and thanks for using

If you feel you are slipping into a depression you need to contact your doctor immediately and report this symptom. You may need to be taken off the Keppra and started on something else. In any case, your doctor is the best one to determine whether the depression is due to the Keppra or the epilepsy. Please do not delay and contact your doctor immediately.

If this has been helpful please click on the "Accept" button. If you need clarification on anything I have said, please let me know.