Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

My son is suffering a mysterious illness.Everyone knows he

Customer Question

My son is suffering a mysterious illness.Everyone knows he is ill but no-one knows what`s wrong .He is slurring badly,falling over,little and sometimes no leg reflexes.slow coordination (opening his mouth to eat and taking ages for his food to reach his mouth.He is sleeping for most of the day and is totally exhausted.He is on clozapine and has had his dose reduced.His mental health team say it is nothing to do with his mental health.He had some neurological tests and a CT scan but nothing showed up.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.

This sounds very worrisome and I can understand why you're concerned. The symptoms that you're describing in your son sound like they could be side-effects of Clozapine, but if the mental health team has done bloodwork and ruled this out, then I would strongly suggest that you get a second opinion from another medical/neurological doctor. The symptoms that he is showing are serious and need to be treated.