Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families

Is there a way to find psychiatrists in Northern NJ who accept

Customer Question

Is there a way to find psychiatrists in Northern NJ who accept Medicare patients or are Medicare registered ? Is there a list that gives that information?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.
One way to find this would be to contact Medicare directly and ask for a list of providers in your area. Another way would (that might take a bit longer) would be to find a list of psychologists near you (which may be small or large) and then contact each of them to find out. I know that there are some states that require psychologists to take Medicare but I'm not sure if all states do this.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had asked for a list of psychiatrrists, not psychologists that have esperience with bipolar patients and accept Medicare.
Expert:  Lively replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry that I misread your question. You could use the same process for finding a psychiatrist- call the phone number on your Medicare card and ask for providers listed near you. There will likely only be a few in your area.