Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

My wife is taking Neurontin, Pristiq, Hydrocodone mixed with

Customer Question

My wife is taking Neurontin, Pristiq, Hydrocodone mixed with smoking pot she beat me up is this from this mix. I think she maybe using cocain but I dont know what signs to look for if she is, her teeth are in very bad condition and her moods are very unpridictable and she is very insecure and full of rage and anger.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com:

It sounds like you have a really volatile situation on your hands with your wife's behavior. Do you know why she is taking the Neurontin? It is usually used as a mood stabilizer or for seizures, and sometimes for restless leg syndrome. The Pristiq is for depression, and Hydrocodone is a powerful painkiller. If she is also using pot and possibly cocaine, the interactions are quite unpredictable.

She needs to be seen by a doctor and possibly referred to inpatient drug treatment, especially if she is abusing the Hydrocodone. Her behavior will continue to be unpredictable as long as she is abusing all of these drugs. Please try to get some help for her ASAP.

You can call the nearest drug treatment center in your area and ask them about intervention services. Good luck.