Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

What exactly is a cognitive persspective on IQ and how does

Customer Question

What exactly is a cognitive persspective on IQ and how does this differ from other possible perspectives?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using

As I understand your question, you want to know the difference between IQ as understood cognitively versus other perspectives. The word "cognitive' relates to the brain how it functions vis a vis thought patterns, memory and problem-solving. The cognitive perspective is the most commonly used form of measurement of IQ. Other measurements of IQ include creativity, being gifted in music, art, other forms of creative expression. Some current thinkers are measuring emotional intelligence and social intelligence, and Daniel Goleman has written books explaining both of those kinds of intelligence.

I hope this brief synopsis has given you some insight into the various measurements of intelligence. Please let me know if you have further questions or require any clarification.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Ms. Kryder:

May I ask you some additional questions concerning this question? An explanation of how the cognitive perspectives relates to/applies to/ provides insight into. First, it has three perspectives,(1) basis of IQ, (2) the experience of stress, or (3) surviving a disaster.

Please reference your work.

Thank you