Docsuske
Docsuske, Doctor
Experience:  Over 33 years of primary care counselling & work with psychiatric inpatients & dependency programs.
14159833

I am having cronic problems with social settings, and the feeling

Customer Question

I am having cronic problems with social settings, and the feeling of being behind in thought so to speak, and a lot of anxiety. I have been told that I look like I am "high". any suggestions? Also, I have been having a lot of de ja vue, episodes of doubling back so to speak. Slow reflexes. Feelings of being trapped in my mind, like I am getting held back by neurological constraints.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Docsuske replied 7 years ago.
Paul
I am not a psychiatrist- so cannot venture a diagnosis (especially long-distance)
however, after over 30 years of practice, I can identify what seems to be a psychological problem, which does NOT "seem" to be ADD.
It is also possible to have a medical condition causing psychologic symptoms- especially endocrine/hormonal problems.
So, I strongly suggest you seek aid-

1. by consulting a different psychiatrist (not psychologist- be sure)
2. If no result, or to be sure- see an internist, especially one familiar with endocrine problems.
Good Luck
and Happy new year

Doc

Thank you for allowing me to be of assistance.

Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so that I may be paid for my time and advice. This does NOT cost you extra!

Bonus & Follow-up questions for clarification or added information, are always welcomed.
Positive feedback is appreciated.

You should always consult with your medical care provider, for proper diagnosis and treatment & follow-up.

The information provided is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for the answer, I was actually skeptical about this, but it seems that your advice will give me a little direction in solving my problems, or at least give me a definitive answer. The phyciatrist I went to see was an AIR Force officer, being in the air force myself, I respected her opinion. Thank you very much

Sincerly

Airman Paul Armes

Expert:  Docsuske replied 7 years ago.
<p>All the best</p><p>Good luck</p><p>Doc</p>