FamilyPhysician
FamilyPhysician, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with over 23 years clinical experience treating patients with mental health issues

hello i have been getting the flattering my my rib area below

hello i have been getting the flattering my my rib area below my breasts and i dont know what it is and very worried about it please get back to me asap thanks theresa
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 5 years ago.
How long have you had the fluttering?

Are you taking any medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2 days and not on medacation at all..
How much caffeine do you consume?

Any chocolate?

Any over-the-counter medications or herbal medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dont drink alot of tea and coffee i have a cup of tea in the morning and that it and no i dont eat choclate at all.. is this bad the flattering i am getting at all...
Most patients have slight irregularity of their heartbeat and/or extra beats (PVC's and/or PAC's). Some people are much more aware of these variations in heart rhythm and experience the sensation of "fluttering", "skipped beats" or "pounding" of their heart.

Anxiety is one of the major contributing factors in increasing the frequency or severity of these symptoms. The more you worry about these, the more stress related chemicals (such as epinephrine) are released in the body - which then increases the frequency.

Caffeine even in small quantities increases the frequency - I would suggest avoiding ALL caffeine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the flattering is not near my heart at all and if it was from my heart it would be on the left hand side and the flutting was on my right side down near my ribcage and is a fluttering heart rate bad and i know it aint from my heart as it aint in my chest...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but it is nowhere near my heart as it is on the right side nrar my rib cage and if it was from my heart it would be in my chest is that right...
The sensation from your heart would NOT always be on the left side of the chest - sometimes people experience this in the center of their chest, on the left or right side, or in the upper abdomen - below the rib cage.

The other possibility would be a muscle twitch/spasm - again nothing to be particularly worried about.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there anything to worry about with that fluttering at all as it is just below my rib cage... and i have had it for 3 days now and i wont die from this at all
I would NOT worry about this at all. I believe that your worrying about this is likely causing the symptom to get worse.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
why should i not worry about it at all and i wont die from it will i?
Based on the symptoms that you describe - this is NOT something that I would worry about as an "emergency". At your convenience, I would suggest seeing your doctor to confirm my suspicion as to the cause.
FamilyPhysician, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician with over 23 years clinical experience treating patients with mental health issues