JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

Please help me. I believe my husband has some type of emotional

Customer Question

Please help me. I believe my husband has some type of emotional or social disorder. Sometimes he doesnt respond appropriately. He loves math and football. He's been divorced for over 10 years. He acts as if he is in his own world. We recently watched a movie called LakeView Terrace. (If you have seen this movie) At the end of the movie He did not know why the black police officer did not want the newlyweds to be his neighbor. He simply does and says things inappropriately and says " sorry" or doesnt say anything- I usually just drop the converstion because it is frustrationg. What is this?!?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

His behavior does not sound especially strange. If anything, he sounds a bit socially inept or excessively masculine. It sounds like he has trouble relating to you. It must be frustrating for you, especially when you see him making the same "social errors" over and over. Did he have these problems before you got married? If so, why did you get married to him?

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.