JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

My wife is 23 and i am 20 i am a United States marine and we

Customer Question

My wife is 23 and i am 20 i am a United States marine and we have 2 kids a 4 year old girl and a 7 month old son. she is very bipolar and has been almost her whole life so is her father she has tried taken medication but never follows through with it recently she has been very depressed and had a breakdown about a week ago i took her to the doctor to get help they prescibed her medication but it made her feel horrible so now she is perscribed xanex untilher next appointment. i work from 4 in the morning til 5 at night i come home physically and mentally exhausted i feel im not in the right mind to help her i get angry about the situations and cant seem to put my self in her shoes i am getting overwelmed with all of it and dont know what to do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

That sure sounds like a difficult situation to deal with on a daily basis. You must be quite tired! I think you probably need to see a clinical psychologist to get some psychotherapy. I realize that you are trying to take care of your wife, but you really need to take care of yourself as well. Go to see a therapist through the military. A psychologist can help you to sort through all of these problems. It sounds like you are trying to take on too much responsibility for your wife's behavior. I know you love her, but I think you need to get some support for yourself, so that you can make better decisions and feel more at peace with things.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.