Dr. G
Dr. G, Doctor
Experience:  MD
12907602

Hey my name is XXXXX XXXXX my doctor says i suffer with anxitey

Customer Question

Hey my name is XXXXX XXXXX my doctor says i suffer with anxitey and i think it is more then that and i get this dereaded feeling and i get this weakness in my legs and hands can u please tell me what is wrong with me and why i keep feeling like this and when i picked up my boy yesterday i felt this full tummy and sick feeling and what is that from i am so so so scared and think i have more then anxitey..
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
Tracy,
Welcome back to Just Answers. Thank you for the question. You have a longstanding history here with us and all the while uncontrolled anxiety seems to be the major theme in your questions. You do have anxiety, your doctor is absolutely, 100% correct. All the symptoms you describe can be attributed to this. The dreaded feeling you describe, the weakness in the legs, the stomach issues. All of this is most likely from anxiety.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your care.

I've answered your question, kindly press 'ACCEPT' so I may be paid for my work. This does NOT cost you extra!

Follow-up questions are always welcomed!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and why is irt that sumtimes when i am talking to sum one and half way though iforget what i was say then i have to think then say it and i aint anxious at the time at all and dont have signs of anxitey
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
Tracy,
We talked about the fact that anxiety can manifest itself in many ways. It doesn't always have to show up as dreaded feeling. Many times it can manifest itself as not being able to think clearly. Remember much of anxiety can be subconscious.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is like i talk and say 4 words then i like forget what else i was going to say then i have to think for a couple of mins then i sort of get it out what i wanted to say and it is the same when i am talking on the phone too... what dieases can make this happen to you could u please tell me thanks tesa..,
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
If you were 60 years old I would say it was your age.
Sometimes in 3rd world countries when people are malnourished there brain is lacking vital vitamins that we take for granted because they are in ALL of our foods we eat.
I really thin this is your anxiety. Tell me did the doctor prescribe anything for you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no and i dont know why i forget what i was saying sumtime... it is scarey and do it when i am talking to people on the phone i loose track what i was saying...
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
sometimes when we have many things on our mind or when we are anxious (even without the symptoms) we loose track of our thoughts. This is very common and happens to many people. It really does.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
like i was saying sum thing then i pause and try and think what i was saying then try and talk again..
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
I see. I'm sorry you this is happening to you, but perhaps you should talk to your doctor about some medications available that may help with the anxiety
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would there be sumthing wrong with my brain because b4 this i felt really tired for 4 days and not my eyes are really really weird and feel weird in the head like lite and my eyes feel as tho they are dry and sore...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you please get back to me and why is it that i get this coldish feeling on my arms and it aint a cold day and it is warm and i feel cold and have a long sleeve top on it is warm but i have a cold feeling in my arms and legs
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to keep you waiting, the coldish feeling is a part of your anxiety complex. It doesn't matter if it was broiling hot outside, the body has it's own way of dealing with things, especially if your anxiety is untreated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
but i dont feel anxoius or feel the anxitey at all and could there be sumthing wrong with my brain..
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
I don't think there anything wrong with your brain aside from the anxiety. You are able to carry one a normal conversation, you are typing, you are seeing what you are typing. You are taking care of your child. If there were things wrong you could not do those sort of things.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why dont u think i have anything wrong with my brain as when i am talking then i forget half way though what i was saying and that is sumthing wrong there..
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 years ago.
no, you misunderstand. As I said previously this kind of thing of forgetting something is not uncommon in people with anxiety. That does not mean there's anything wrong with your brain. Now, as I also said, Tracy. Medication is your best route.
Dr. G, Doctor
Experience: MD
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

I would like to ask a few questions to you , so that i can confirm what you actually are suffering from.

1) Since when are you experiencing the present symptoms?

2)As i could make out from your conversation with the other expert, you have a history of anxiety, so, when were you diagnosed with it and what all drugs are you on?

3) Since when are you having this problem of forgetting things in between, not able to recollect, while talking . Is this a new problem that you have developed and how frequently do you suffer from it, that is , is this forgetfulness consistent throughout the day or on and off . Do you also forget important things such as names of near and dear ones, important addresses such as your own address. Have you undergone any investigations ?

4) Have you been inconsistent in taking anti anxiety drugs which your doctor has prescribed?

5)What are your current symptoms-- do you have fearfulness, feeling of impending doom, increased hear rate, chest tightness, breathlessness, excessive sweating?

Please try to answer my questions and i will try to formulate the most effective treatment possible.

Regards....