JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

What is the difference between behavioral health and mental

What is the difference between behavioral health and mental health?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

Behavioral Health is often times used interchangeably with Mental Health, especially in hospital settings. Many hospitals refer to the "behavioral health center" as the primary treatment center for mental health issues. Psychology is the study of the human mind and behavior. Thus, "behavioral health" really implies psychological health and behavioral manifestations of the psychopathology. Essentially, I am trying to explain that these terms mean the same thing and are commonly used in place of one another. "Mental Health" has a certain stigma attached to it and many folks prefer to use the other term.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.